Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Update

A while back I posted about a contest I entered. The results are in and I didn't win :(

Did I expect to win?...Not so much, but I wanted to. No one wants to lose; but, I feel that this loss could be used for my benefit.

Now, I know what it feels like to check my email inbox for a subject of "Congratulations" and have it never come. I am, now, familiar with the sting of rejection, but I am also friends with the salve that remedies the injury. I have friends and family that support me in my craft, and that is a huge plus for me.

I can hold my head up and say, "Hey, at least I tried." There are so many people out there with stories swimming around in their heads but they are too afraid to put themselves out there (for whatever reasons) but I went for it. I tried, and failed, but I will try again.

"Perseverance is failing nineteen times and succeeding the twentieth"-Julie Andrews

No comments:

Post a Comment