Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Where have you been? (In my Mrs. Weasley voice)

Long time, no talk, right?!?!?

Where have I been? Glad you asked, because I'm gonna tell you!


I've been...around. My main WIP, Chasing Darkness, has been kicking. My. Butt. The editing process is terrible, I don't care what anyone tells you. It's awful. It's a moment in time (usually a few months) where you're faced with your work and you come to realize how terribly you've been writing-- especially in my case.

I've been writing Chasing Darkness for YEARS now, and it shows. My voice, as an author, has completely changed since I first started the series and it's quite obvious. My knowledge as a writer has changed, too; but, that's a good thing. Now that I've learned how to write, I look back at when I thought I was a prodigy and cringe LOL I knew nothing then, and I only know a little now; but, now I'm eager to learn.

Anyway, yes, my edits have been kicking my butt; but, I've been up to something else, too. I've started writing on WattPad :)

The story started off as being a contest entry, but I fell in love with the work so much I just kept it going and even have plans to write a second installment of the tale.

I call the story: "The Last Prophecy" and it is the first of ??? books in the series (I've only committed to two thus far). In this story, Delaney Gale-Hartford is told by her great, great grandmother-- the legendary Dorothy Gale--that she is the new savior of Oz. Delaney, a self-absorbed teen, doesn't believe it...until she's swept away by a tornado and lands in the Talking Forest. Laney comes to find out that she cannot return to Kansas until her mission is completed; she must dethrone the Red Witch, Lavinia, and turn the kingdom over to the rightful heir, the true wizard, MiCael.

I'm having a great time writing it; but, as any emerging WattPad-er will tell you, it's HARD to get reads on the site. There are so many different stories on Wattpad, it's impossible to sift through them all, so it's harder for unnoticed authors to become more broadcast. Regardless, I love my story and plan on keeping it going until I see the end in sight.

So, there it is. Now, you know I haven't been sitting on a beach somewhere, sipping a chilled beverage out of a fancy glass adorned with an umbrella. It's been a busy time for me and I intend to keep it that way! I've put in a link to my story in case I've piqued your interest :) http://www.wattpad.com/story/61080104-the-last-prophecy-wizard-of-oz

No comments:

Post a Comment