Saturday, October 17, 2015

What's My NaNo 2015 Project?

Glad you asked, because I'm excited to talk about it!

Last year for NaNo 2014, I picked back up Chasing Darkness--the book I'd been playing "hot potato" with since 2011. Though I didn't finish the book in November, I worked on it during Camp NaNoWrimo (still left the month with it unfinished) and I recently put the last word on the page last night. I'm still feeling like it's unreal! But, I say all this to answer the question, "what is your NaNo about this year?"

This year, I am writing the second part to this four part saga. The title has been giving me trouble, but for now it's entitled The Lost Pages. In this part of the Chasing Darkness Saga, we find Lesleigh Abbott discovering some information vital to the survival of This Side and the Other--a threat that could leave Cielo, and even Earth, in ruins if people choose not to believe the tale. Why do people not believe? Because Lesleigh's proof comes from a book no one has seen or even  knows the title of. All she has is a loose page that she found in a pile of rubble.

While I am terrible at writing synopses, I think you get the point--Lesleigh is trying to save the world, but  no one believes there is a threat.

While she's trying to save the world, she has to pick up the pieces of her life after enduring loss and betrayal during the first part of this saga. She, also, is still faced with the decision that she can't get out of: marry the Western Hollows Prince now, or do it later. It's not that she doesn't like the kid, she would just like to live her life for a while before having to worry about having dinner on the table by a certain time. She may change her mind from the previous book, she might not; I'm still deciding.

NaNo 2015 starts on November 1st, so I still have some time to finish the outline and hammer out the details, but for now, I'm exploring all the possibilities  of how to make a killer 2nd novel. Stay tuned in to this blog because I may post a little teaser for you guys to chew on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment