Saturday, October 24, 2015

The Manifestation of the MC

This was so cool I just couldn't not blog about it!!! Look.

I was at Five Guys Burgers and Fries (they have the best food in the world, in case you didn't know) eating this delectable bacon cheeseburger when the door swung open. 1.) I had an attitude because the wind snatched up my napkins 2.) I had an attitude because the draft was cold 3.) I was the idiot that chose to sit right by the window; but all that dissipated when I saw the girl that walked through the door. 

In walks this thin, blue-haired girl and I about fainted! The first thing I thought when I saw her was, "Lesleigh! She looks how I imagined Lesleigh to look!" And then, I stared LOL 

Yes, I certainly did. 

I'm not sure about other writers and their experience with this, but I was amazed; then, I became hopeful. If I can see my characters in a natural setting like my favorite burger joint, then I consider part of my mission accomplished.

While we don't have magical powers like Lesleigh, she is still a relatable character in that, she enjoys a good burger like any other person; she likes the company of her friends, she dresses how we dress...the realization that my character is normal means so much to me and my confidence in my books. I'm hopeful that Lesleigh's story will reach the hearts of people like her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment